Hello all,

I'm running into a problem where the mouse (and touchscreen) poll rate is too slow for my application. At first I thought it was the device (mouse and/or touchscreen), but after trying in different apps, I discovered it is Qt. I am simply subclassing a QLabel and adding points to a QPainterPath in mouseMoveEvent like this:

MyLabel::mouseMoveEvent(QMouseEvent *e)
{
  if(mouseState==1)
  {
    addPoint(e->pos());
    update();
  }
}

The QPainterPath looks fine when you move the mouse/touchscreen slowly, but when moving quickly you can see discrete points at quite a distance apart. Is there any way to get Qt to poll faster? Any other ideas for getting better precision for mouse events? Thanks!

Josh