Hi Alexander,

Comments inline below. Thanks.

Kind Regards,
Prashant Vaibhav

> On 12 Oct 2016, at 15:45, Alexander Blasche <alexander.blas...@qt.io> wrote:

I’m using Qt 5.7.0.

>> My problem is that I cannot find a way to decide which of the BLE devices
>> returned during scan is mine:
>>
>> - The advertising data is inaccessible (no API).
>> - The QBluetoothDeviceInfo.serviceUuids() function returns nothing
>> (apparently
>> it’s for classic bluetooth)
>> - The QBluetoothDeviceInfo.name() function is null (empty string)
>
>> So the only information I have is the rssi (QBluetoothDeviceInfo.rssi()),
>> which is
>> not enough to figure out the scanned device is ours. Furthermore, I cannot
>> show
>> a list to the user to pick the device manually, since all it will have is
>> the signal level
>> (and perhaps MAC address).
>

> I believe you may experience https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTBUG-54867
> <https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTBUG-54867>.
>
> It was fixed in Qt 5.6.2 and 5.7.1. Alternatively you may cherry-pick the
> referenced patches into your Qt build.

Thanks for the link, I checked and it doesn’t seem relevant to my issue. Our
BLE device doesn’t have major/minor numbers in its advertising packet. It does
have the primary service UUID (128 bit) which we are using to identify it on
iOS (native code).

Perhaps you meant https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTBUG-54867