Den 08-11-2016 kl. 23:05 skrev Joshua Grauman:
Hello all,

I am wondering if there is a way to customize the size of a QMenu used
as a context menu. I have it so that when I right click, a popup menu
comes up. But I would like it so the QMenu doesn't ever go outside of
the window it is clicked in. Right now, if you click near the bottom,
the QMenu drops below my app. Or if I have a QMenu with a lot of items,
it breaks it up into two columns worth of items, is there a way to make
that more (for a wider and less tall sub-QMenu)? Thanks for any thoughts.

This sounds to me like you are trying to force Qt to do something that some other system used to do?

I have a lot of requests from customers and I always try to make them accept that the default way of doing things are there for a number of reasons and they should accept it the it is. So, my advice is to stop thinking about this. Or make the guy deciding this stop thinking about it :)

However, if you can't do that, you always have options. Here are a set of some of the things I would try:

- Set the maximum height on the QMenu

- Work with the width for height tricks

- You can move the menu after it appears with either a reimplementation in the resizeEvent, eventFilter on resize or other events, or using 0 time single shot timer

- There are probably a bunch of possible hacks that might work in the area of proxy QStyle subclasses

I hope this helps.

Bo Thorsen,
Director, Viking Software.

--