Hi,

I am traversing a directory collecting file sizes in bytes and assigning them as custom data to QStandardItems. Unfortunately I get an OverflowError when trying to set too large a number it would seem:

   i = QtGui.QStandardItem()
   i.setData(13003676769, QtCore.Qt.UserRole+1)

    File "/path/to/module.py", line 38, in <module>
      i.setData(13003676769, QtCore.Qt.UserRole+1)

   OverflowError:

I guess I could convert to KB, MB, GB etc, or even a string, but those all seem like band aids. Can somebody please help me understand why I am seeing this error and what the prescribed way of dealing with it is?
I couldn't find anything useful online.

This is Qt 4.8.7

Thanks,
frank