Hello all,

I have a QTimer in my application that runs every 40ms. It doesn't run continuously, but I recall the start function every time my timer function is done so that the timer doesn't drift over time. My question though is about timeout overrun. If the system is busy, and so the timer is late, will Qt::PreciseTimer be more likely to return on time than Qt::CoarseTimer? In other words, I'm ok with the 5% accuracy of Qt::CoarseTimer normally (when the system isn't busy), but when the 40ms timer is getting close to 60ms, I want to avoid timer overrun.

Does anyone have any more precise info about Qt::PreciseTimer than the docs which say:

"All timer types may time out later than expected if the system is busy or unable to provide the requested accuracy. In such a case of timeout overrun, Qt will emit activated() only once, even if multiple timeouts have expired, and then will resume the original interval."

Thanks!

Josh