Hello Christian,

> Do you guys have copies of the original repos? Would be nice to make
> them accessible publically.

I updated the wiki page and corrected some of the links.
Unfortunately I couldn't find a repository containing the old
simulator-Qt itself.

> My understanding is that the code is Qt4 based, so likely to require
> some substantial effort to get it updated to Qt5.

If it is possible at all. That Qt version was rendering into a shared
memory region using the raster paint engine. The old solution is
insufficient for Qt Quick and Webengine because they rely on Gl rendering.

Rainer