On Saturday November 11 2017 17:47:14 Konstantin Tokarev wrote:

>Well, LTO and missing symbols go hand in hand, you should be ready to deal
>with such errors.

That shouldn't be the case IMHO, and most of the time it isn't at least not
when building Qt.

>What is your reason to use LTO? Can you avoid using it?

In this case it's mostly to obtain the most compact build possible, esp. since
I'm using a static build of libQtHelp . On Linux the size difference is
considerable for the assistant executable (a factor 2-3 IIRC). It's not a great
deal otherwise, just something I like to understand.

R.