Hi,

I’m facing one of those problems that can lead someone to madness very quickly.

Yesterday I have updated one of my apps to Qt 5.10 and uploaded it to Google
Play store. I’m using Proguard to obfuscate it.

It happens that when testing the release build locally it works without any
problem.

However, when installed from the Google Play store, it crashes the first time.
If I try again, it works without problems, but on the first launch after
install it always crashes.

I have sent the reports to Google Play but the available information is not
very useful:

java.lang.RuntimeException:
  at android.app.ActivityThread.handleReceiver (ActivityThread.java:3021)
  at android.app.ActivityThread.-wrap18 (ActivityThread.java)
  at android.app.ActivityThread$H.handleMessage (ActivityThread.java:1561)
  at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage (Handler.java:102)
  at android.os.Looper.loop (Looper.java:154)
  at android.app.ActivityThread.main (ActivityThread.java:6119)
  at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke (Native Method)
  at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit$MethodAndArgsCaller.run
(ZygoteInit.java:886)
  at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main (ZygoteInit.java:776)

  at dalvik.system.BaseDexClassLoader.findClass (BaseDexClassLoader.java:56)
  at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass (ClassLoader.java:380)
  at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass (ClassLoader.java:312)
  at android.app.ActivityThread.handleReceiver (ActivityThread.java:3016)

It seems it is not being able to find some class…. but which one!?

I have added the Proguard mapping files to the Google Play console but so far I
haven’t seen any report deobfuscated…. I don’t know how much time it takes to
make it available.

Maybe some of you have already passed through this nightmare before.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Regards,

Nuno