On 07/03/18 01:52, René J. V. Bertin wrote:
Nikos Chantziaras wrote:
Shows up fine here. Unless I'm misunderstanding something.

Indeed, the Assistant and QtCreator have the menu. But take a random 3rd party
Qt application (say, QupZilla, or Otter Browser) or just about any KF5
application and it will likely not be so lucky.

Qt Assistant rolls its own Window menu (and I guess so does Creator).

So let me rephrase: why do only some Qt applications show that menu?

It might be a QML issue. In Widgets, when using QMainWindow, you get an application menu by default. In QML with Qt Quick Controls, it seems this got only added in Qt 5.10:

  https://doc.qt.io/qt-5.10/qml-qtquick-controls2-menubar.html

In other words, don't use QML for desktop applications if you can avoid it :-/