09.04.2018, 20:53, "Roland Hughes" <rol...@logikalsolutions.com>:
> Which isn't really a Qt answer.
>
> Long ago, before Nokia, there was the mantra/design principal that Qt would
> always be compatible with the standard stuff. A subset of means "compatible"
> is written with barely readable faint gray ink.

Times has changed, and since Qt 5 standard library is a requirement for Qt, and
parts that duplicate standard library (or core language) are on their way to
deprecation. See e.g. QtAlgorithms or Q_FOREACH.

>>> http://www.johnsmith-book.com http://www.logikalblog.com
>>> http://www.interestingauthors.com/blog http://lesedi.us/

--
Regards,