Anybody?
Been trying to play with the view's dragMoveEvent to take over the default drag event's mime data and create a custom QDrag instance with it, but that crashes. I also tried just adding test to the event's mime data, but that  has no effect.
Maybe I do need to just re-implement the drag from scratch?

It feels like there should be a more elegant solution, right?!

Cheers,
frank