Hi,

Il 01/11/18 21:14, Jason H ha scritto:
originals | ranges::view::transform([](int i) { return i * 3; });

The bitwise OR operator, descending multiple namespaces.
It makes my point. That these very common functional programming paradigms
(map, reduce, etc)  are (needlessly?) obtuse in C++.

Sorry, what is the point? Is it hard to read, write, teach, learn, understand, extend...? What is the baseline we're comparing it against?

Further more, my point is made qgain with this talk about C++2a. It's something
that can be done now, but i shouldn't have to wait, Qt can implement these
however it can today and move to ranges when available.

A bit too convenient to just ask someone else to do a _lot_ of work for you... anyhow, you don't have to wait:

https://github.com/ericniebler/range-v3

And again, why should Qt invest precious development bandwidth reinventing half-cooked solutions for problems solved in an excellent way elsewhere? As I said in the other thread, not using C++-latest costs _you_ more. It shouldn't cost anything for Qt.

My 2 c,
--
Giuseppe D'Angelo | giuseppe.dang...@kdab.com | Senior Software Engineer
KDAB - The Qt, C++ and OpenGL Experts