Not sure this will help but I was thinking a Progressive Web App was the way to go. Maybe that is relevant to this, maybe not. But they are "installable". I haven't tried but maybe a PWA with WebAssembly is the way to go?

https://medium.com/@amberleyjohanna/seriously-though-what-is-a-progressive-web-app-56130600a093

Sent: Wednesday, March 06, 2019 at 12:06 PM
From: "Alexander Rössler" <machineko...@gmail.com>
To: interest@qt-project.org
Subject: [Interest] Qt WebAssembly caching
Hello Qt WA devs,

I have noticed that Qt WA needs to load and recompile every time I start the browse to the location of the application.

On the other hand, the WebAssembly Tanks demo seems to be cached and doesn't need to reload https://webassembly.org/demo/Tanks/.

I've also found a blog post about caching WebAssembly from a PDF reader toolkit (https://pspdfkit.com/blog/2018/optimize-webassembly-startup-performance/#compiling-and-caching).

I think it would be great if Qt WA also supports caching as the loading and especially compile times are relatively high, especially on mobile devices.

Best regards,
Alex
_______________________________________________ Interest mailing list Interest@qt-project.org https://lists.qt-project.org/listinfo/interest