Check out: https://blog.qt.io/blog/2018/11/19/getting-started-qt-webassembly/#comment-1206267

You can always license it commercially. Commercial licesensees are not boung by GPL in Qt. Since you have a "boss" you're probably using Qt commercially. IANAL.

Sent: Tuesday, April 16, 2019 at 7:56 AM
From: "Fabrice Mousset | GEOCEPT GmbH" <fabrice.mous...@geocept.com>
To: "inter...@lists.qt-project.org" <inter...@lists.qt-project.org>
Subject: [Interest] QtWebAssembly license question

Hello,

before starting QtWebAssembly evaluation, I would like to know what are the “limitation” of the GPL Version?

Does it mean that everything I will develop using QtWebAssembly must be GPL?

At this time, we have developed our Web frontend using _javascript_ base kits, but I am not a _javascript_ fan, I would prefer do the development with C++/QML.

But, if all have to be GPLed, my boss would not agree.

I am a software developer and not a lawyer, so could someone give me more information about this point?

I hope the is the right mailing-list to post this kind of question?

Best regards

Fabrice Mousset