From: Israel Brewster <ijbrews...@alaska.edu>
Sent: 8 August 2019 16:55:49 BST
To: Brad Pepers <bpep...@me.com>
Cc: Interest <interest@qt-project.org>
Subject: Re: [Interest] Zooming with QGraphicsView/QGraphicsItem

I do have .shp files for the coastlines - perhaps I could convert those to
something I could use? If I can get vector data, how would I go about utilizing
it?

I played around a bit with loading different image files, but so far the
performance has been unacceptable - the entire app locks up for several seconds
when displaying the higher resolution images. I think Vector would be a better
way to go, if I can figure out how. Thanks!
---
Israel Brewster
Software Engineer
Alaska Volcano Observatory