On Sep 25, 2019, at 10:55 AM, Giuseppe D'Angelo via Interest
<interest@qt-project.org> wrote:

> Il 25/09/19 19:13, Israel Brewster ha scritto:
>> Is there a way to set the Z value of the line drawn by the
>> QPainter::DrawLine() function? I have a library that uses the drawLine
>> function to create a grid, and I would like to keep the grid on the top as I
>> draw other things, if possible. Thanks.
>
> Can you draw the grid _last_?
>
> There's no Z value (or Z buffer altogether) for QPainter. A new drawX command
> draws directly to the target, honouring the composition mode for blending
> source and destination together.

Worth looking into. The drawing is actually being done by a third-party library
(PyQtGraph), which makes it harder, but I’ve hacked it before to get it to do
what I want, so I may be able to do the same here. I’ll have to dig into how it
draws the various components. Thanks!

---
Israel Brewster
Software Engineer