Il 19/10/19 14:35, Roland Hughes ha scritto:
Actually it is of immense interest and value to the hundreds, perhaps
thousands of Qt developers currently working on autonomous vehicles and
attempting to integrate that with current infotainment systems. What's
of little to no value are discussions of QML, JavaScript and iDiot Phone
apps.

How about you just ignore such discussions, and maybe also stop insulting people working in those markets?

What we really need here are two interest lists.

qt-interest-qml-javascript-and-idiot-phones

qt-interest-things-which-actually-matter

What we need is fewer completely delusional and off-topic threads.

On the latter is where Qt can be discussed along with the architecture
required for embedded systems which are either making human lives better
or will have human lives entrusted to them.

Surgical robots and other medical devices

Which are being built with QML:

https://www.qt.io/medec-built-with-qt

Train/rail control systems

Which are being built with QML:

https://www.qt.io/ulstein-built-with-qt

autonomous vehicles and infotainment systems

Which are being built with QML:

https://resources.qt.io/customer-stories-automotive/qt-testimonial-mbition-michael-chayka

scientific test equipment, water purification control systems and all
other manner of embedded control systems.

Which are being built with QML:

https://www.qt.io/bosch-built-with-qt

The only time QML and/or JavaScript ever appears in that universe is
when management is incompetent beyond description.
STOP INSULTING PEOPLE.

--
Giuseppe D'Angelo | giuseppe.dang...@kdab.com | Senior Software Engineer
KDAB - The Qt, C++ and OpenGL Experts