I believe that QtCore5’s broken sig is due to the funky patching windeployqt does to paths hardcoded in it.

I never had problems with it though. It seems like a maybe QML related problem.

If you don’t redirect qWarnings / qInfos somewhere you could always use SysInternal’s DebugView to ‘spy’ on debug outputs of the system and see if internal QML loader and / or parser spits something.

Narolewski Jakub

From: Jason H
Sent: 27 November 2019 19:57
To: interestqt-project.org
Subject: [Interest] windeployqt

I tried to use windeployqt to create a QML application directory structure to run on a system without Qt.

I placed the resulting directory tree on the system and got nothing. Like I double clicked the .exe and nothing happened. So I went to the command line (cmd.exe) It just gave me the prompt back. No window was created.

I loaded it up in depends.exe on the system that built it and I only noted two things:

1. QtCore5.dll had an invalid signature

2. The app was linking against i386 and x64 libraries.

I don't know if those were the problems though.

How do I debug this?