> By the way: does anyone know about an implementation that avoids moc runs in
> a similar way how ccache avoids compile runs ?

You mean concatenating header and source files containing a Q_OBJECT macro
and feeding moc the result? I cannot imagine that this would be a safe
transformation in general. Moc accepts defines and include paths on command
line so I would suppose that it tries very hard to parse the C++ code, to
expand macros and to resolve includes. It might work for limited use-cases
though.

I'd say concatenating the output of moc and compiling that in one go is the
only safe shortcut in this process.

Richard