Il 06/02/20 17:11, Jason H ha scritto:

With Qt 5.12 not being in strict phase (there is no 5.15 LTS yet, and I cannot
find an announcement) or even very strict phase, I assume 5.12 is standard LTS
phase. I believe fixes for crashes are something that should be in LTSs. Change
my mind?

Even if you can change my mind, I am not sure why we even have LTSs in the first place?
Can we get a more formal definition of what a LTS is other than "support".

Just nitpicking (and truly non answering), the paperwork says that 5.12 has already been in strict mode for almost an year (?).

https://quips-qt-io.herokuapp.com/quip-0005.html

strict
    This period starts when the one after next stable branch is created (for
the 5.9 LTS, the one after next is 5.11).

Meaning 5.12 went strict when the 5.14 branch was created (not when 5.14 was released).

Of course the definition of strict/very strict is very relative. If you have fixes for bugs you really want to be cherrypicked, make an argument for each one on the respecive bug reports?

My 2 c,
--
Giuseppe D'Angelo | giuseppe.dang...@kdab.com | Senior Software Engineer
KDAB - The Qt, C++ and OpenGL Experts