On 4/6/20 7:21 AM, Christian Gagneraud wrote:
On Sat, 4 Apr 2020 at 02:19, Roland Hughes <rol...@logikalsolutions.com> wrote:
On 4/3/20 6:11 AM, Christian Gagneraud wrote:
On Fri, 3 Apr 2020 at 19:09, Roland Hughes <rol...@logikalsolutions.com> wrote:
  Well I hope you didn't use doxygen for your documentation when using
your commercial license. It seems you can't use anything built with
OpenSource Qt when using the commercially licensed version.
Citation needed.

Chris

From Bernhard Lindner's exchange with Tuukka quoting the license (I don't remember who originally posted it)

> > “Prohibited Combination” shall mean any means to (i) use, combine, incorporate, link > > or integrate Licensed Software with any software created with or incorporating Open > > Source Qt, (ii) use Licensed Software for creation of any software created with or > > incorporating Open Source Qt, or (iii) incorporate or integrate Applications into a
> > hardware device or product other than a Device."

The critical phrase and source of much of this thread is using OpenSource binaries and libraries with a commercial license. It's the "use" word after the (i) in the first line of the quote that opened up this can of worms.

The original question was if developers working on a project writing non-Qt C++ code for some part of the project where other developers were using licensed Qt could use the OpenSource QtCreator because they liked the IDE. The resounding answer from Qt was no, everybody needs a license.

The broad based wording of the license also lead to these questions which, as far as I've seen were never answered.

> > Especially this combination: “use … Licensed Software with any software created with
> > … Open Source Qt”
> >
> > KDE, doxygen, Wireshark (just to name a few) are using Open Source Qt.
> >
> > Can someone reflect how does it apply to that software? Can a customer use them to
> > create software under the Qt commercial License terms?

The lack of clear and concise answers to these questions is giving credibility to the FUD claims.

--
Roland Hughes, President
Logikal Solutions

http://www.theminimumyouneedtoknow.com