Hi,

Qt3D performance on Android was my concern a year ago too:
https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTBUG-72808 (see also
https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTBUG-73057)
especially when Scene3D with multi sampling is used.
Using OnDemand policy improve performance (but almost in stale scenes),
take a look.

I thought that new Underlay compositingMode introduced in 5.14 (
https://doc.qt.io/qt-5/qml-qtquick-scene3d-scene3d.html#compositingMode-prop)
will increase performance twice or even more, but unfortunately I didn't
see any increase at least in our case and hardware. But you can take a look
to it. But just in case, note about bug Scene3D.Underlay + OnDemand
(QTBUG-82861)

About examples.
First of all, take look at Qt 3D examples especially manual tests as Mike
Krus rightly suggested.

I can't be supportive but if you want, you can take a look to several
simple apps I made for test case in bug reports, may be there will be
useful somehow for you. I used Qt3D in C++ inside World3d as the root
object of QML Scene3D (several test examples can be similar in fact).
QTBUG-80092, QTBUG-60612, QTBUG-60429, QTBUG-60183, QTBUG-50720

p.s.
I will also take the opportunity to express here my pains about Qt3D a
little :)
Our project is based on Qt3D and it is really nice and handy, but we stack
with Qt 5.9.5. With some workarounds it get turn out as most stable version
for us, every time we try to move to newer version 5.10, 5.11, 5.12, 5.14
we are always encountered with bugs and crashes. And the most upset that
several of them were repeated in next versions after fixes :(
Unfortunately now I don't have enough time to test and post bugrepost, hope
latter I can help to improve Qt 3d a little. Despite any issues, thank all
Qt developers and community for their work!

---
With regards, Oleg