Il 18/04/20 16:53, Bernhard Lindner ha scritto:
Not comparing for equality. Comparing for ordering.

What comes first, QSize(1, 1) or QRegularExpression("^$") ?
Well, if QVariant::canConvert() says right operand can be converted to type of
left, then
convert and compare the result. If it can't convert, behavior should be
undefined and
qFatal() should be called (or whatever Qt 5.15 prefers to do in detectable
cases of
undefined behavior).

The biggest problem right now is that the behaviour of QVariant comparisons is largely undocumented, that is, dictated by the implementation. Any change to the these behaviours, as sensible as it could be, will lead to silent breakages.

I guess that's the reason for dropping the comparisons in 6.0 and, eventually, reintroduce it in 7.0. With the hope that we've learned the lesson and proceed at _specifying_ the behaviour before implementing it.

My 2 c,
--
Giuseppe D'Angelo | giuseppe.dang...@kdab.com | Senior Software Engineer
KDAB - The Qt, C++ and OpenGL Experts