On 6/19/20 5:00 AM, Thiago Macieira wrote:
Keep in mind KDE abandoned other things to choose Qt when Trolltech was
around.
Considering there was no KDE prior to Qt, the set of things abandoned to
choose Qt is zero.

Considering they ported many existing apps to Qt at the very beginning, the set of things abandoned would be everything.

Interesting how history gets rewritten though.

https://www.suse.com/company/history/

https://timeline.kde.org/

Back when I had to buy SuSE in a box of floppies from an importer they published a different story about "K". I remember it well.

"We have been experimenting with a lot of desktop environments and to keep them straight we started lettering them. This is the K desktop environment."

--
Roland Hughes, President
Logikal Solutions

http://www.theminimumyouneedtoknow.com