https://codereview.qt-project.org/c/qt/qtbase/+/250261

On 7/2/20 3:22 PM, Ramakanth Kesireddy wrote:
Ok Thanks for your details.

Is there any option in Qt5 configure line to make use of llvm ldd linking?

Best Regards,
Ramakanth
On Thu, 2 Jul, 2020, 15:26 Sérgio Martins, <sergio.mart...@kdab.com <mailto:sergio.mart...@kdab.com>> wrote:

    On 2020-07-02 10:29, Ramakanth Kesireddy wrote:
     > Hi,
     >
     > Is it recommended to use gold linker or system linker with
     > -no-use-goldlinker while configuring Qt5.6.3 and above?
     >
     > As per my understanding, gold linker should provide faster
    linking and
     > use
     > less memory than the traditional linker.
     >
     > Please let me know your thoughts in this regard.

    I did a quick test a while back, not sure which versions I tested, but
    FWIW:

    Linking Qt5Widgets:
        gnu ld: 5 seconds
        gold: 3 seconds
        gold --threads: 1.6 seconds # Requires compilation with
    --enable-threads
        llvm ldd: 0.7 seconds # Threads enabled by default in newer llvm

    ldd was the fastest

    Regards,
-- Sérgio Martins | sergio.mart...@kdab.com
    <mailto:sergio.mart...@kdab.com> | Senior Software Engineer
    Tel: Sweden (HQ) +46-563-540090, USA +1-866-777-KDAB(5322)
    KDAB - The Qt, C++ and OpenGL Experts