Il 23/09/20 14:08, Ben Haller via Interest ha scritto:
Thanks for the suggestion.  However, this problem is only on macOS, and
Valgrind doesn’t appear to run on any macOS later than 10.12 (“preliminary”
support for 10.13, according to their website; I’m not sure what that means).
I’m on macOS 10.15.6, and I’m using Qt 5.14.2 which has a minimum macOS version
of 10.13, so Valgrind seems to be a no-go for at least one reason, perhaps two
reasons (depending on “preliminary”).

There is a fork of Valgrind to support more modern macOS versions

https://github.com/LouisBrunner/valgrind-macos/

(Note: never used it myself, not a mac user).

Another option is getting a recent Clang version and rebuilding Qt and your app with AddressSanitizer.

HTH,

--
Giuseppe D'Angelo | giuseppe.dang...@kdab.com | Senior Software Engineer
KDAB - The Qt, C++ and OpenGL Experts