Im working with a thirdparty lib, that I have zero control over 😊

Essentially, on a “button click” a long running blocking function call is
executed. I can safely call the function into a background thread, but I don’t
want the gui flow to continue.

My idea is the following, a class that takes a lambda.

When a blocking function is called on the class, the lambda is executed in a
background thread.  While the function waits calling processEvents without user
events being handled (this part is easy…)

Does anyone have an example to follow for this.  Unfortunately, Im hitting all
sorts of weirdness when getting this.

TIA
Scott