On 4/17/21 5:00 AM, interest-requ...@qt-project.org wrote:
On 15/04/2021 06.25, Rui Oliveira wrote:
I feel very hesitant to start a project on QWidgets. It feels like
starting a project on dead tech.

I know QWidgets are no longer "interesting". Even KDE moved on from
them...

Take a look at:

https://github.com/vsg-dev/VulkanSceneGraph

https://github.com/anormann1974/vsgQtViewer

I haven't tried any of it, but you are probably going to want to do something like the QtViewer thing does. Claims to put a VukanSceneGraph inside a Qt widget. If you also have access to the Vulkan library you should have access to the methods allowing direct GPU access. With a bit of reading and a touch of luck you should be able to use Qt Widgets and stuff all your graphing logic into some of the multiple GPU cores most recent video cards provide.

None of my video cards are high end. I think the weakest one I have in a drawer has 16 CUDA. Most of my machines have 384 CUDA because they are GeForce GT 630 based.

I did find one statement interesting in the Features list:

Multithreading support at the viewer level, file loading and database paging.

If they really pulled that off it would theoretically mean every one of your frequency graphs could be its own thread in its own GPU doing its own thing.

Your application would have the wholesome built-in look of Widgets and your graphics would be doing their own thing in their own space.

--
Roland Hughes, President
Logikal Solutions

http://www.theminimumyouneedtoknow.com