On 6/13/2021 11:02 AM, Thiago Macieira wrote:
On Friday, 11 June 2021 21:05:08 PDT Max Paperno wrote:
Insert a "return" here and let your slot be called when the time is right.

Right, too much Python lately... "should" have been `processEvents()`
which is when I realized there were no events to process w/out a Qt loop
in the first place. Returning from main() wouldn't have solved the
issue though.

Please do as I said: insert a return and let the event loop handle calling
your slots.

Did you even look at the (bad) code in question? There was no event loop and nothing to return from except main().

Don't use processEvents(). That's only slightly less evil than sleep().

Maybe you could expand on that further instead of just making blanket statements?  Reference?

-Max