> On 9 Jul 2021, at 15:35, Corentin BACQUÉ-CAZENAVE via Interest
> <interest@qt-project.org> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> I'm working on an app using Text-To-Speech, but QTextToSpeech isn't not
> present in QT6 apparently.
>
> There is plan to add this module to a future QT6 release? Or an alternative
> module exists?
>
> Thanks.

Hi Corentin,

I’m not aware of any plans to port QtSpeech to Qt 6 right now. The maintainer
didn’t give any update at the recent contributors summit. I’m also not aware of
any significant usage of the module, be it OSS users or customers of the Qt
Company.

If that’s functionality you care about, then perhaps it’s an opportunity to
pick it up and see what it takes to port it over.

Cheers,
Volker