Rich-

Yes currently Traditional version, the rate is limited by the data into the
remote device sending the traps, no faster than 9,600 baud. The data/traps
are just continious for a while at that rate.

We can arrange to ship the burst to your machine if that would help.

Thank you

frank

> --- Frank Knapp wrote:
> Running 4.2 on Mac-X (10.3.4) we have consistantly noticed that while there
> are
> 'streaming traps' coming to InterMapper the user access is very limited.  The
> rest of the machine works with no noticable degredation in speed. When
> attempting to bring IM to the front or interact with a (single small) map we
> notice the condition. Process monitor indicates that IM has about 70% cpu
> (peak).
> --- end of quote ---
>
> Am I correct that this is using the Traditional version, not the InterMapper
> server on MacOS X? Do you have a sense of the rate you're sending those traps?
> Thanks.
>
> Rich Brown                    [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Dartware, LLC                 http://www.dartware.com
> 10 Buck Road, PO Box 130      Telephone: 603-643-2268
> Hanover, NH 03755-0130 USA    Fax: 603-643-2289

Frank Knapp

AlarmsPro, Inc.
907-841-0298 (cell)
http://www.alarmspro.com