George Schlossnagle wrote:

try {
function_call_to_some_preexisting_library_that_doesnt_do_exceptions()
} catch(e) {
}

The auto-generated exceptions can be of type InternalException extends Exception {}, and then the caller can decide whether or not they want to comply with the old method (just die on the spot), or to try and deal with the error.

George

As long as it doesn't change the internal behavour of the function called, then I'm fine with it. That's all I was trying to say before. One example of which would be wrapping pear objects with an exception handler, and seeing that the regular (current) pear error handling works exactly as it did before.
Shane