On Thu, 13 Nov 2003, Analysis & Solutions wrote:

>The ability to run two versions at once makes compatibility testing way
>easier for developers making software that uses PHP.  For example, during
>the transition from PHP 3 to PHP 4, I had .htm extensions mapped to PHP 3
>and .html extensions mapped to PHP 5.  Both pages would include the same
>PHP classes.  This way I could pop back and forth between versions without
>a problem.

    Last time I checked, you can't run PHP 4 & 5 as DSO on same apache
    on *nix, at least. (it crashes)

    I made the necessary changes for that to be possible in the config side..
    The --enable-versioning doesn't seem to work at all with PHP 5 for some reason.

    I don't know if this is any different with windows. But for it to be
    even possible, you need to patch the stuff lot more than just rename
    the dlls.

    --Jani