On 2003/12/22, at 3:12, Ilia Alshanetsky wrote:

1) Leave things they way they are now, giving everyone a partial support for
multibyte string in fgetcsv() and 2-3 performance decrease in all instances.

Of course this is my choice.

3) Put the php_mblen macro in php_string.h inside ifdef HAVE_MBSTRING, which
would disable multibyte functionality of fgetcsv() for people without
mbstring support in their installation. This would just about restore
performance and at the same time leave multibyte support for people who need
it (use mbstring extension).

Why should we set up a relation to only mbstring extension here? I think HAVE_ICONV should be take into consideration as well in case we choose this option after all.

Regards,
Moriyoshi