On Tue, Jul 20, 2004 at 07:47:41PM +0200, Derick Rethans wrote:
> On Tue, 20 Jul 2004, Daniel Convissor wrote:
> > I'm in the middle of making a quick and dirty CAPTCHA routine for the bug
> > form on pear.php.net.  I'll post the diff when it's ready.
>
> We'll also need something like that for cvs accounts/pear/pecl account
> requests I guess?

I put them in place for the PEAR bug and account request forms.

It's pretty crude.  All it does is set a session var with a segment of the
microtime then asks the user to confirm that number.  So, if a bot tries
to submit directly via POST, the value won't be set, so they get rejected.

Here's the file overviews:
http://cvs.php.net/pearweb/public_html/bugs/bug.php
http://cvs.php.net/pearweb/public_html/account-request.php

and the particular diffs:

http://cvs.php.net/diff.php/pearweb/public_html/bugs/bug.php?r1=1.56&r2=1.57&ty=u

http://cvs.php.net/diff.php/pearweb/public_html/account-request.php?r1=1.39&r2=1.40&ty=u

Feel free to port them to the PECL and PHP sites.

--Dan

                http://www.AnalysisAndSolutions.com/