Am 11.02.20 um 14:11 schrieb Michał Brzuchalski:
>>> Traversable, Serializable, Countable, Throwable, JsonSerializable
>>> all are related to some special engine behavior, which this ones also is.
>>
>> But one could argue that "string" is not a verb like "traverse",
>> "serialize", "count", "throw" etc.
>> Potential alternatives would be Stringifyable (or Stringifiable?),
>> StringCastable, StringConvertible...
>> (Even though I personally have no problem with "Stringable")
>>
> Maybe StringObject? We do already have ArrayObject.

A StringObject would need to offer the same methods that are available
for strings (even if ArrayObject doesn't do that completely).

Even if "string" isn't a verb, it matches the intended meaning:
serialize -> Serializeable -> can be serialized
count -> Countable -> can be counted
throw -> Throwable -> can be thrown

If I take the alternatives into account, I would still opt for
"Stringable" because it's:
- easy to spell
- easy to remember
- shorter than the alternatives
- matches exactly the intended meaning
- consistent with the other PHP class nameings