Hi all,

> On Feb 14, 2020, at 10:47, Benjamin Morel <benjamin.mo...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> What about $query and $body? That would be closer to the terminology
>> used in HTTP RFCs.
>

> The problem is that $body is typically used to get the raw message body as
> a string or stream.
>
> I was thinking more something along the lines of $bodyParams, which is more
> verbose but leaves no ambiguity: *$queryParams* and *$bodyParams*.

I get the desire to disambiguate. But as an added consideration, there's a
desire for consistency; when adding a -Params suffix to those names, it might
then make sense to have $serverParams, $cookieParams, etc.

Looking at it that way, I don't think a -Params suffix is necessary. I would
think $query would be enough.

As for the other name, the one for the $_POST equivalent, $body doesn't seem
quite right to me; it seems a little close to $content.  I've also been
thinking about $values, $params, $parsedContent, $contentValues, $bodyValues,
$contentArray, and other variations with and without prefixes and suffixes, but
$input is the one that feels like the least-terrible alternative to $post for
me, esp. given the connection to php://input.

--
Paul M. Jones
pmjo...@pmjones.io

Modernizing Legacy Applications in PHP