Hi all,

I want to resurrect Dmitrys Attributes RFC that was rejected for 7.1 in
2016 with a few changes, incorporating feedback from the mailing list back
then and from talking to previous no voters.

The RFC is at https://wiki.php.net/rfc/attributes_v2

A working patch is at https://github.com/beberlei/php-src/pull/2 though
work around the details is still necessary.

The RFC contains a section with common criticism and objections to
attributes, and I hope to have collected and responded to a good amount
already from previous discussions.

There is also a fair amount of implementation detail still up for debate,
which is noted in "Open Issues". I have pre-committed to one approach, but
listed alternatives there. On these issues I am looking for your feedback.

greetings
Benjamin