Am 07.04.2020 um 19:24 schrieb Claude Pache:

Le 7 avr. 2020 à 17:09, Enno Woortmann <enno.woortm...@web.de> a écrit :

As the proposal explicitly aims at type casts
when working with data from a untyped source (eg. iterating over a CSV
file, XML without a XSD defining the types of the elements)
I feel that the RFC lacks a section named “Motivation”...

That said, the larger question is: How many ad-hoc features do we want to add
to array destructuring? For type-casting is one specific kind of transformation
you may want to apply to your data.

—Claude

I've added a motivation section to the RFC describing the target of the
proposal, added a discussion section describing the difference between
the proposal and type checks while array destructuring and extended the
patch section to include a description of the change.

Enno