Hi Internals,

SPL is an extension that is always available in PHP.
It provides some classes, interfaces and functions etc. such as
- ArrayObject class
- Countable interface
- iterator_count function

What I'd like to wrap my head around is the position of this extension
in PHP and the sentiments towards SPL from the Internals developers.

- What is the status of this extension currently? Is it being actively
developed or just supported?
- Is there any interest in adding stuff here - f.ex. new classes,
interfaces or traits?
- And technically, how is something like ArrayObject class
implemented? And should you implement it again, would it be done the
same way?

Thanks for your time,
Jakob