On 15/05/2020 23:03, Arnold Daniels wrote:
Hi all,

I'd like to restart the discussion for the strict_opterators RFC (
https://wiki.php.net/rfc/strict_operators).

I think this kind of change will have a long term positive impact, but it will require a lot of work to update code.

IMHO we need to know what is happening with editions, as I think this would be an ideal candidate for that rather than another declare

It would would give people <x> years warning that they've got that long to add their correct castings etc before the old behaviour is removed.