> On May 22, 2020, at 01:14, Michał Brzuchalski <michal.brzuchal...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> Hi Internals,
>
> We have just opened the vote on the PHP namespace in core RFC. The voting
> will be open for two weeks, until 2020-06-05 06:00 UTC.
>
> Link: https://wiki.php.net/rfc/php-namespace-in-core#vote

In light of recent discussions on attribute naming schemes, I’m
concerned that future RFC discussions will be riddled with noisy
back-and-forth messages concerning what and how to name things. I’m not
passing any judgement on these types of conversations, since I agree
that naming things is important, but I also think the use of a
specialized namespace for core symbols is inevitable, and it’s better to
tackle this now than later.

With that in mind, I’m changing my “no” vote to a “yes” for this RFC.

As a side note: one of the reasons I dislike the `\PHP` namespace is
because I think it looks ugly. I don’t know why I have this impression,
and it’s probably the wrong reason to vote “no” on something, but it’s
one of the factors that led me to vote “no.” I’ll probably standardize
on capitalizing the namespace as `\Php` (I tend to follow the Microsoft
.NET capitalization conventions [1]).

Cheers,
Ben

[1]: