On Wed, Jun 10, 2020 at 3:14 PM Sara Golemon <poll...@php.net> wrote:

> On Wed, Jun 10, 2020 at 3:33 PM Ryan Jentzsch <ryan.jentz...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> > OMG the trolling continues even today with this nonsense. Disappointing.
> >

> Oh yes. And histrionics will certainly deescalate that issue.
>

> > "...yes, it is broken, people have to Google or ask around for a very
> > unclear error message when for the most part errors are (and should be)
> > self explanatory
> >

> You know what shows up unambiguously in a google search? "Paamayim
> Nekudotayim".
> You know what ISN'T unambiguous in a google search? "Double Colon"
> You know who don't have an excuse to say "Google is hard"? Software
> engineers.
>

> Can I say Double Thumbs Up to the comment about Google searches?
Anybody doing software development without using a search engine is typing
with one hand.
When making requests, stop inventing bad ideas.
Do you actually know developers that write software without ever using a
search engine to look up errors?
Given how most docs have moved online, that seems like people doing things
the hard way without good reason.
Assuming you have actually met these people, who have not even bothered to
even learn the basics of life in the modern age, why must we change to
support them?
Couldn't we just put a line in some doc somewhere about how using search
engines is a vital piece of development technology somewhere between using
print statements and how to use a debugger?

--
The greatest dangers to liberty lurk in insidious encroachment by men of
zeal, well-meaning but without understanding.   -- Justice Louis D. Brandeis