On Thu, Aug 20, 2020 at 2:13 AM
Côme Chilliet <come.chill...@fusiondirectory.org> wrote:

> Le Wed, 19 Aug 2020 21:11:29 +0000,
> Theodore Brown <theodor...@outlook.com> a écrit :
> > In case anyone wants to view the in-progress STV vote results, I took
> > the same script I made for the Shorter Attribute Syntax RFC and made
> > it possible to run online here:
> >
> > https://stv-results.theodorejb.me/php/?rfc=shorter_attribute_syntax_change
> >
> > Note that at present it only processes the STV vote and ignores the
> > primary 2/3 poll result, so keep that in mind.
>
> Thank you, I was searching for something like this!
>
> Is there any chance we can see the code? (mostly out of curiosity)

Hi Côme,

Ask, and you will receive! https://github.com/theodorejb/php-stv

> Also, is it supposed to be updated at page load or at some time
> interval? I see 15 votes on the RFC page for #[] and 14 on your page.

It's currently updated on page load. As Benjamin suggested, there are
some invalid ballots right now where the same candidate was selected
more than once. You can view these by adding a `&showInvalid=1`
parameter to the URL. You can also have it output all counted ballots
by adding `&showCounted=1` to the URL.

Note that the webpage works for other STV elections. If you set the
`rfc` parameter to "shorter_attribute_syntax", you can view the
results of the original Shorter Attribute Syntax RFC. If you replace
this parameter with `?election=todo/php80` you can view the PHP 8.0
release manager election results. [1]

Interestingly, it looks like Gabriel won this election rather than it
being a tie as was announced on list. [2] My guess is that Derick
possibly tallied the results before the poll was actually closed
which caused a vote to be missed? At least the result didn't change
in the subsequent vote!

Kind regards,
Theodore

[1]: https://stv-results.theodorejb.me/php/?election=todo/php80