Am 02.12.2020 um 18:24 schrieb Florian Stascheck <florian.stasch...@gmail.com>:
> I suggest to allow string keys to also be used in array literals:
>
> $template = ['created_at' => time(), 'is_admin' => 1];
> $db_rows = [
>  ['name' => 'Alice', 'email' => 'al...@example.org', ...$template],
>  ['name' => 'Bob', 'email' => 'b...@example.org', ...$template],
> ];

You can already easily enough do this with
        $db_rows = [
                ['name' => 'Alice', 'email' => 'al...@example.org'] + $template,
                ['name' => 'Bob', 'email' => 'b...@example.org']    + $template,
        ];
so I'm not sure if it is really needed.
But then again I'm used to the +-operator for associative arrays and wouldn't
expect to be able to use the spread operator instead. Someone learning PHP now
might see things differently.

Side-note:
For the ...$template syntax I would assume that later values win (like ['foo'
=> "bar", 'foo' => "qux"] will result in ['foo' => "qux"]) so the exact
equivalent for your example would probably be
        $template + ['name' => 'Alice', 'email' => 'al...@example.org'],
but in reality one often wants to be able to override template values, that's
why I wrote [ ... ] + $template and your example would be
        [...$template, 'name' => 'Alice', 'email' => 'al...@example.org'],

- Chris