On Sat, Dec 19, 2020 at 1:24 PM tyson andre <tysonandre...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Hi internals,
>
> I've created a straw poll for the naming pattern to use for `*any()` and
> `*all()` on iterables.
> https://wiki.php.net/rfc/any_all_on_iterable_straw_poll
>
> Background: The RFC https://wiki.php.net/rfc/any_all_on_iterable proposes
> adding only two functions,
> but more functionality acting on iterables (array|Traversable) may be added
> in the future,
> making it important to get feedback what people feel the best choice of
> naming pattern would be
> to avoid inconsistency or name changes later on.
> (Many alternatives were suggested in the initial RFC announcement -
> https://externals.io/message/111756)

I want to re-iterate my opinion on this discussion thread: anything
with a prefix is a hard-no from me. Namespaces are literally designed
for this, and I will not vote "yes" to `iter_all`, `iterable_all`,
etc, no matter what the prefix is. Anything without a namespace is a
no from me.

I'm flexible on many other points, but not this one. It's 2020 (almost
2021); let's use namespaces for what they were designed for. This is a
perfect opportunity; they work on more than just arrays so using the
`array_` prefix for consistency doesn't apply.