Hello, Internalians!

After considerable discussion and effort, Ilija and I are ready to offer you
round 2 on enumerations.  This is in the spirit of the previous discussion, but
based on that discussion a great deal has been reworked.  The main change is
that Enumeration Cases are now object instances of the Enumeration class rather
than their own class.  Most of the other changes are knock-on effects of that.

Of particular note:

* Cases may not have methods or constants on them.  They're just dumb values.
* Enums themselves may have methods, static methods, or constants.
* Traits are supported, as long as they don't have properties.
* The value() method on scalar enums is now a property.

The full RFC is here, and I recommend reading it again in full given how much
was updated.

https://wiki.php.net/rfc/enumerations

The implementation is 98% complete; there's still a few lagging bits in
reflection, and some opcache bugs that Ilija is still stomping on.

There are a few outstanding questions listed that we would like feedback on.
We're not entirely certain which direction to go with them, for reasons
explained in the RFC.  Input on those is especially welcome.

Happy New Year.  May it be enumerable.

--
  Larry Garfield
  la...@garfieldtech.com