Hi Jakub and Nikita,

Thank you very much for your elaborate answers, you made good points.

In the meanwhile I also realized that there are just too many unknowns
currently with this extension, so I cancelled my initial plans of adding
ext/simdjson as a core extension.

I also agree that using the simdjson library as a backend would be a very
interesting thing, so I'll try to experiment with this approach first.
Slight incompatibilities between the backends would be very problematic for
sure, so if we go this way then the implementations should be exercised by
a definitive test suite like the one Nikita linked.

Máté