Hi internals,

> I've started voting on
> https://wiki.php.net/rfc/any_all_on_iterable_straw_poll_namespace
> Voting starts on 2021-01-19 and ends on 2021-02-02.
>
> This is an 11-way Single Transferable Vote poll on the choice of namespace,
> to ensure that all proposed namespaces (and similar namespaces) for global
> functions were represented
> after a lot of discussion.
> (Votes for each ranking choice must be selected and submitted one by one
> because these are independent HTML forms,
> writing down your choice of ranks elsewhere before submitting may be faster)
>
> The choices for this poll were announced a few days ago in
> https://externals.io/message/112558 "Straw poll: Naming for `*any()` and
> `*all()` on iterables",
> which has some additional discussion on arguments for/against the proposed
> namespace choices.
>
> - Additional discussion on namespaces can also be found in the initial RFC
> announcement - https://externals.io/message/111756

Voting on the straw poll
https://wiki.php.net/rfc/any_all_on_iterable_straw_poll_namespace has closed.
Of the top two options,

- 12 voters had ranked `PHP\iterable` before the global namespace
  (including not listing the latter in their vote).
- 11 voters had ranked the global namespace ahead of `PHP\iterable`
  (including not listing the latter in the vote).
- One voter included neither in their ranked choices.

See
https://stv-results.theodorejb.me/php/?rfc=any_all_on_iterable_straw_poll_namespace
for a simulation of the voting process with the same result
(previously brought up for attributes syntax in
https://externals.io/message/111630#111659)

I plan to update the RFC and implementation soon, with a secondary vote with
two options: `PHP\iterable\any()` vs `PHP\iterable\any_value()`

Thanks,
- Tyson