Hi All,
I found the following behaviour. I think it is a bug please clarify.

In php-5.0.0
1)Exception class is registered from zend_exceptions.c
2)After this If I see the common.fn_flags of constructor member of
Exception class entry it is 0x2100(Public Constructor).
Till this point is fine.
3)When dom extension is getting started It registers the DOMException
class to the CG(class_table) in that process it inherits from the
Exception class_entry and gets a constructor member pointer of Exception
class_entry.
4)dom extension startup routine updates this constructor pointer's
class_entry->common.fn_flags|=ZEND_ACC_PROTECTED and hence to 0x2300.
5)This causes me not to get the access specifier of __construct
constructor of Exception class if I access it from as "Public".

Is this a accepted behaviour?
I see even though ReflectionException and SQLiteException extends
Exception they have their __construct method set to some function
pointer or else to NULL not just left at all.
This is no the case with DOMException.

With regards
Kamesh Jayachandran